English Version | Versión en Español
Beginning Tuesday, March 24, 2020 all Universal Academy students will begin online learning at home while our buildings are closed. Currently, all campuses will be closed through April 3, 2020. However, the situation continues to be fluid, and this may change. In the meantime, we are taking steps now to ensure all children have access to education.
Your student will need to have internet access and access to an electronic device to complete his/her assignments.
We understand that this is new and different format of learning. We are all learning together! We are here to support you with your questions. We are available Monday – Friday between the hours of 7:30AM – 4:00PM
STUDENT LEARNING PLANS
To access online learning plans, Universal Academy Teachers will email online weekly assignments to parents and students during the school closing period. Students should have access to their online accounts. Please email your child’s teacher if you do not have access. You will find your teachers’ email on the school website (www.universalacademy.com) located under the CONTACT TAB.
Please review the free lunch locations on the school website at https://schoolmealfinder.hoonuit.com/?filter_state=tx
STAAR and EOC Testing Requirements Waived
On March 16, 2020, Governor Abbott announced that all STAAR and EOC Testing Requirements for the 2019-2020 school year have been waived.
Weekly Assignments and Communication
Parents will receive weekly emails from their child’s teachers regarding the online learning format. These emails will give you informational updates and weekly assignments. Please check on your friends to make sure they are receiving daily emails. If they are not, please have them to contact their child’s teacher or cohort. You may find the email address of all teachers and cohorts on the Universal Academy Website (www.universalacademy.com) located under the CONTACT TAB .
For each day of online learning, please:
- Read weekly emails from teachers and review the district website for updates
- Login daily to the online resources sent by your child’s teacher
- Complete online assignments by the due dates, students will receive grades for all assignments
- Students who need assistance or have questions about their work should contact the teacher via email anytime Monday – Friday between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- Login daily to Gradebook Parent Portal for weekly updates and graded assignments
- Students will receive Missing Assignment Forms
If you do not have internet access at home, below are some options offered by a few Internet Service Providers:
Free or Low-Cost Internet Resources for Parents:
- Spectrum: First 2 months free and connection fees are waived. Remember to cancel after 2 months if you no longer need service. Call 1-844-488-8395
- AT&T: $10/month for qualifying limited-income households. Call 855-220-5211 (English) 855-220-5225 Spanish)Website: https://m.att.com/shopmobile/internet/access/
Public WiFi Hotspots currently free to everyone with a device: AT&T, Spectrum, Verizon. Some can be accessed from the parking lot.