To create a challenging and intellectually engaging curriculum within a safe, nurturing environment by providing varied learning opportunities that focus on the development of instructional excellence, leadership, and character building in partnership with a diverse community of lifelong learners.
Universal Academy empowers all students to take their place in the world as knowledgeable, competent, responsible citizens. Students are articulate, creative, achieving individual academic, emotional and physical goals in a safe, equitable educational community. Students are well rounded, achieve in all subject areas, integrate technology, think independently and connect content to real life.
All district staff are student-centered, innovative, committed, enthusiastic, educational leaders. They respect student diversity, strengths, and learning challenges. They understand and implement research-based strategies. All staff have high standards for their students, colleagues and themselves.
The community is an empowered, positive, collaborative voice that supports teaching and learning and participates in educational decision making for students. The district embraces the global community and is committed to meaningful partnerships.
Universal Academy is committed to student success.
- Students completing their education in the district’s schools will:
- Develop a love of learning and will be prepared and committed to be life-long learners
- Achieve their full human potential as individuals and contributing members of society
- Be prepared to live with the challenges and opportunities of a world that is characterized by interdependence and a variety of interconnections
- Be prepared to live in a world that is characterized by a variety of individual differences and great diversity in social and natural systems
- Be prepared to live in a world that is characterized by accelerating change