The Texas Education Code authorizes schools to obtain evidence that a person is eligible to attend public schools. To be eligible for continued enrollment in Universal Academy, each student’s parent must show proof of residency at the time of enrollment. Residency may be verified through observation, documentation and other means, to include but not limited to:
- P.O. Box cannot be listed as an address.
- A recently paid rent receipt.
- A current lease agreement.
- The most recent tax receipt indicating home ownership.
- A current utility bill indicating the address and name of the residence occupiers.
- Mailing address of the residence occupiers.
- Visual inspection of the residence.
- Interviews with persons with relevant information.
- Building permits issued to a parent on or before September 1 of the school year in which admission is sought as evidence of residency for the school year in which admission is sought only.
Falsification of residence on an enrollment form is a criminal offense.